Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
“I think the last time I had eight months off I was still in the womb.”
—Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, talking about the eight months he was forced out of action due to his ruptured Achilese.
Bryant, as his his nature, had to work hard to get back on the court 240 days after his injury. He said physically he felt fine, there was just a lot of rust to shake off, but he sounded mostly happy to be back at the grind of what he does. Kobe likes to watch film, break things down and find was to improve/beat his opponent. Now he is back at it with the ball in his hands.
And that is good for the league.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37