Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
“I think the last time I had eight months off I was still in the womb.”
—Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, talking about the eight months he was forced out of action due to his ruptured Achilese.
Bryant, as his his nature, had to work hard to get back on the court 240 days after his injury. He said physically he felt fine, there was just a lot of rust to shake off, but he sounded mostly happy to be back at the grind of what he does. Kobe likes to watch film, break things down and find was to improve/beat his opponent. Now he is back at it with the ball in his hands.
And that is good for the league.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4