Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
“I think the last time I had eight months off I was still in the womb.”
—Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, talking about the eight months he was forced out of action due to his ruptured Achilese.
Bryant, as his his nature, had to work hard to get back on the court 240 days after his injury. He said physically he felt fine, there was just a lot of rust to shake off, but he sounded mostly happy to be back at the grind of what he does. Kobe likes to watch film, break things down and find was to improve/beat his opponent. Now he is back at it with the ball in his hands.
And that is good for the league.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30