Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
“I think the last time I had eight months off I was still in the womb.”
—Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, talking about the eight months he was forced out of action due to his ruptured Achilese.
Bryant, as his his nature, had to work hard to get back on the court 240 days after his injury. He said physically he felt fine, there was just a lot of rust to shake off, but he sounded mostly happy to be back at the grind of what he does. Kobe likes to watch film, break things down and find was to improve/beat his opponent. Now he is back at it with the ball in his hands.
And that is good for the league.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10