Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
“I think the last time I had eight months off I was still in the womb.”
—Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, talking about the eight months he was forced out of action due to his ruptured Achilese.
Bryant, as his his nature, had to work hard to get back on the court 240 days after his injury. He said physically he felt fine, there was just a lot of rust to shake off, but he sounded mostly happy to be back at the grind of what he does. Kobe likes to watch film, break things down and find was to improve/beat his opponent. Now he is back at it with the ball in his hands.
And that is good for the league.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28