Dec 9, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is back with the Lakers and frankly that’s just good for the NBA — it’s a star driven league and it needs its elite players on the court.
That said Kobe looked rusty and his teammates clearly were not used to playing with him in the Lakers loss to the Raptors Sunday. Kay Adams and I talk about the positives for the Lakers out of his return, but also how in a deep Western Conference they need to get this figured out quickly and not dig hole they can’t climb out of.
The other big news in the NBA is the seven-player trade that sent Rudy Gay from Toronto to Sacramento. We look at that from both sides — what Toronto and Sacramento get out of this.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10