Dec 9, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
This was easily my favorite highlight of Sunday night.
In the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss to the Raptors Sunday, Nick Young got the ball in a transition attempt before the defense set, Young got the ball in the right corner, attacked along the baseline and as he got close to the basket Jonas Valanciunas cut off the easy bucket so Young went for the most Swaggy P shot possible — a 360 spinning reverse lay-up.
Which failed. Badly. And brilliantly.
After the game Young tried to sell that he makes that shot all the time but it didn’t work because Valanciunas hit him on the arm.
Young loves to go to the 360 move and it usually ends up a highlight when he does. One way or another.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 1
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 1
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 9
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13