Dec 9, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
This was easily my favorite highlight of Sunday night.
In the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss to the Raptors Sunday, Nick Young got the ball in a transition attempt before the defense set, Young got the ball in the right corner, attacked along the baseline and as he got close to the basket Jonas Valanciunas cut off the easy bucket so Young went for the most Swaggy P shot possible — a 360 spinning reverse lay-up.
Which failed. Badly. And brilliantly.
After the game Young tried to sell that he makes that shot all the time but it didn’t work because Valanciunas hit him on the arm.
Young loves to go to the 360 move and it usually ends up a highlight when he does. One way or another.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31