Dec 9, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
This was easily my favorite highlight of Sunday night.
In the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss to the Raptors Sunday, Nick Young got the ball in a transition attempt before the defense set, Young got the ball in the right corner, attacked along the baseline and as he got close to the basket Jonas Valanciunas cut off the easy bucket so Young went for the most Swaggy P shot possible — a 360 spinning reverse lay-up.
Which failed. Badly. And brilliantly.
After the game Young tried to sell that he makes that shot all the time but it didn’t work because Valanciunas hit him on the arm.
Young loves to go to the 360 move and it usually ends up a highlight when he does. One way or another.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17