Dec 9, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
This was easily my favorite highlight of Sunday night.
In the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss to the Raptors Sunday, Nick Young got the ball in a transition attempt before the defense set, Young got the ball in the right corner, attacked along the baseline and as he got close to the basket Jonas Valanciunas cut off the easy bucket so Young went for the most Swaggy P shot possible — a 360 spinning reverse lay-up.
Which failed. Badly. And brilliantly.
After the game Young tried to sell that he makes that shot all the time but it didn’t work because Valanciunas hit him on the arm.
Young loves to go to the 360 move and it usually ends up a highlight when he does. One way or another.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31