Dec 9, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
The Knicks suffered their worst loss of the season on Sunday, losing by 41 points to a Celtics team that shouldn’t beat anybody by that much.
And they did so wearing their alternate orange uniforms.
Whether the 12 noon tip time or the orange color scheme is messing with the Knicks on these weekend games we’ll never know for sure.
But if New York believes the alternate uniforms are somehow bad luck, they are free to not wear them for the rest of the season after meeting the league’s minimum requirement.
If he wishes, the eccentric Dolan can forever shelve those new alternate orange jerseys after the Knicks fell to 0-6 in the uniforms with Sunday’s 114-73 disgrace to Boston at the Garden.
According to an NBA official, the Knicks have now fulfilled the minimum requirement for the number of times they have to wear the brand new, all-orange jerseys that appear as haunted as Halloween.
The NBA official told The Post the Knicks can wear the uniforms a maximum of 18 times this season and no fewer than six times under league rules.
It would be almost comical for the Knicks to blame these losses on a jersey color and indeed ditch the uniforms for the remainder of the schedule; it feels like the early start time would be more of a real factor in affecting the team’s performance.
But if the club decides there’s something amiss with the uniforms, they’re not bound by the league to wear them even one more time this season.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20