Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Knicks fans could use a little good news, so we’re here to help out.
Tyson Chandler’s return from a broken leg should be here in the next few weeks.
Chandler returned to practice on Monday, in a limited role, then told reporters he thought he would be back before New Year’s Day, as tweeted by Barbara Barker of Newsday.
Chandler was expected to be out 4-6 weeks, and this Friday will be five.
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense — before he went down the Knicks’ defense was 15 points per 100 possessions better when he was on the court. If his return can lift the 26th-ranked Knicks defense just up to average their offense (which has shown signs of life lately) could carry them to some wins.
If not, Mike Woodson may want to polish up his resume.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17