Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Knicks fans could use a little good news, so we’re here to help out.
Tyson Chandler’s return from a broken leg should be here in the next few weeks.
Chandler returned to practice on Monday, in a limited role, then told reporters he thought he would be back before New Year’s Day, as tweeted by Barbara Barker of Newsday.
Chandler was expected to be out 4-6 weeks, and this Friday will be five.
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense — before he went down the Knicks’ defense was 15 points per 100 possessions better when he was on the court. If his return can lift the 26th-ranked Knicks defense just up to average their offense (which has shown signs of life lately) could carry them to some wins.
If not, Mike Woodson may want to polish up his resume.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9