Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Knicks fans could use a little good news, so we’re here to help out.
Tyson Chandler’s return from a broken leg should be here in the next few weeks.
Chandler returned to practice on Monday, in a limited role, then told reporters he thought he would be back before New Year’s Day, as tweeted by Barbara Barker of Newsday.
Chandler was expected to be out 4-6 weeks, and this Friday will be five.
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense — before he went down the Knicks’ defense was 15 points per 100 possessions better when he was on the court. If his return can lift the 26th-ranked Knicks defense just up to average their offense (which has shown signs of life lately) could carry them to some wins.
If not, Mike Woodson may want to polish up his resume.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85