Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Knicks fans could use a little good news, so we’re here to help out.
Tyson Chandler’s return from a broken leg should be here in the next few weeks.
Chandler returned to practice on Monday, in a limited role, then told reporters he thought he would be back before New Year’s Day, as tweeted by Barbara Barker of Newsday.
Chandler was expected to be out 4-6 weeks, and this Friday will be five.
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense — before he went down the Knicks’ defense was 15 points per 100 possessions better when he was on the court. If his return can lift the 26th-ranked Knicks defense just up to average their offense (which has shown signs of life lately) could carry them to some wins.
If not, Mike Woodson may want to polish up his resume.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18