Dec 9, 2013, 4:08 PM EST
Knicks fans could use a little good news, so we’re here to help out.
Tyson Chandler’s return from a broken leg should be here in the next few weeks.
Chandler returned to practice on Monday, in a limited role, then told reporters he thought he would be back before New Year’s Day, as tweeted by Barbara Barker of Newsday.
Chandler was expected to be out 4-6 weeks, and this Friday will be five.
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense — before he went down the Knicks’ defense was 15 points per 100 possessions better when he was on the court. If his return can lift the 26th-ranked Knicks defense just up to average their offense (which has shown signs of life lately) could carry them to some wins.
If not, Mike Woodson may want to polish up his resume.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54