Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
As we told you earlier was likely to happen, Stephen Jackson has agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Clippers. For one, Doc Rivers confirmed it to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Second, Jackson himself posted this on Instagram.
The idea is Jackson can stretch the floor with his three point shot, plus he’s a veteran (13 years in the league) that will blend in the locker room.
Of course, last year in San Antonio Jackson didn’t really fill that exact same role — he averaged 6.2 points a game on 37.3 percent shooting, hit 27.1 percent from three, and had a PER of 8.1. Plus, his clashes about his role with coach Gregg Popovich and so Jackson was let go from the team right before the playoffs.
We’ll see if Doc Rivers, Chris Paul and the Clippers can get more out of him.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, leaves dent (VIDEO) 0
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 5
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29