Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
As we told you earlier was likely to happen, Stephen Jackson has agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Clippers. For one, Doc Rivers confirmed it to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Second, Jackson himself posted this on Instagram.
The idea is Jackson can stretch the floor with his three point shot, plus he’s a veteran (13 years in the league) that will blend in the locker room.
Of course, last year in San Antonio Jackson didn’t really fill that exact same role — he averaged 6.2 points a game on 37.3 percent shooting, hit 27.1 percent from three, and had a PER of 8.1. Plus, his clashes about his role with coach Gregg Popovich and so Jackson was let go from the team right before the playoffs.
We’ll see if Doc Rivers, Chris Paul and the Clippers can get more out of him.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3