Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
As we told you earlier was likely to happen, Stephen Jackson has agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Clippers. For one, Doc Rivers confirmed it to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Second, Jackson himself posted this on Instagram.
The idea is Jackson can stretch the floor with his three point shot, plus he’s a veteran (13 years in the league) that will blend in the locker room.
Of course, last year in San Antonio Jackson didn’t really fill that exact same role — he averaged 6.2 points a game on 37.3 percent shooting, hit 27.1 percent from three, and had a PER of 8.1. Plus, his clashes about his role with coach Gregg Popovich and so Jackson was let go from the team right before the playoffs.
We’ll see if Doc Rivers, Chris Paul and the Clippers can get more out of him.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20