Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
As we told you earlier was likely to happen, Stephen Jackson has agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Clippers. For one, Doc Rivers confirmed it to Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Second, Jackson himself posted this on Instagram.
The idea is Jackson can stretch the floor with his three point shot, plus he’s a veteran (13 years in the league) that will blend in the locker room.
Of course, last year in San Antonio Jackson didn’t really fill that exact same role — he averaged 6.2 points a game on 37.3 percent shooting, hit 27.1 percent from three, and had a PER of 8.1. Plus, his clashes about his role with coach Gregg Popovich and so Jackson was let go from the team right before the playoffs.
We’ll see if Doc Rivers, Chris Paul and the Clippers can get more out of him.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29