Dec 9, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks were already without Larry Sanders, who needed surgery to repair torn ligaments in his hand after a bar fight, and now this.
Zaza Pachulia will be out at least four weeks with a broken bone in his foot, coach Larry Drew announced Monday. It is the calcaneus bone, what most of us would call the heel bone. He suffered the injury last week in a game against the Pistons. He will be re-examined in a month.
Pachulia was starting at center for 11 of the Bucks games this season and has given them 6.2 points a game but on just 36 percent shooting, plus 6.5 rebounds a contest. He is supposed to be the better, more polished offensive big man for the Bucks when compared to Sanders or John Henson, but Pachulia has been off this year. Still Larry Drew has leaned on him.
The Bucks are 4-16 and headed to the lottery (even in the East). At this point Drew should be playing a lot of Henson and Sanders (who got the pins out of his hands Monday and should be moving toward a return). Get the young guys better by just playing them.
By the way, speaking of Bucks injuries Caron Butler is going to be out at least another 10 days.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17