PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means….

Dec 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EST

Kobe Bryant AP

Kobe Bryant‘s return — and the Lakers’ decision to announce it with a video on Facebook of Kobe’s jersey — is the focus of the latest edition of NBC’s ProBasketballTalk Podcast with myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio.

We talk about what this means for the Lakers, both in the short-term this season and what could happen in the coming years. Also, what about Steve Nash.

After that we talk a little about Jason Kidd and Brooklyn, plus how the Knicks look like the better team.

Check it out by hitting play below or  you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.

1. progress2011 - Dec 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM

What does his return mean!

They might win a few more games BUT the growth and potential the young guys have been showing, will come to a SCREECHING halt.

Kobe will resume dominating the ball and daring the young guys to even look at the rim…before confirming he doesn’t have a shot.

The FAKERS still won’t make the playoffs…hahahahaha

2. lhollis74 - Dec 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Another statement based on Hope and wishing. You hope the lakers will not make the playoffs, you wished Kobe wasn’t coming back. It’s your opinion that he will stunt the young guys growth. What a loser you are, so jealous of the lakers past success that you are hoping they fail miserably. I’m a lakers fan but was happy for Lebron when he finally won so the haters would get off his back, I root for Carmelo Anthony so they will get off his. I am a fan of basketball, the lakers just happen to be my favorite team, I’m not some buffoon whose self worth is tied singularly to the success of one team, like some of these haters on this site. Every year there is one winner and 31 losers…

3. progress2011 - Dec 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

lhalitosis74,

Ummmmm….THIS IS A BLOG! Which is a forum where people post their opinions….some more Factually based than others….aka mine

I didn’t wish kobe wasn’t coming back. Conversely, I’m happy he’s coming back.

He provides me every opportunity to point out the difference between a Harlem Globetrotter type ball hawk vs Fundamentally sound Team Player that espouse team chemistry, ex:

LBJ, Steph Curry, Parker, Paul George, KD, CP3, D.Lillard and others.

There is a significant difference in the Fundamental play they exhibit, which is what B-Ball was founded on.

VS.

And1 style, Harlem Globetrotter, trick shot, jack up artist style street ball.

Listerine……hahahahaha

• mytthor - Dec 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM

You still don’t know what ball hawk means. I explained it to you before. Or why words are capitalized. Or a great player when you see one.

4. lhollis74 - Dec 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM

“I didn’t wish Kobe wasn’t coming back”, lol, our schools are failing us! But then you probably can’t recognize what is fundamentally wrong with that, just as you don’t know the difference between “ballhawk” and a “ballhog”. Donkey!

5. progress2011 - Dec 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Halitosis and “Mytthor”…..is that supposed to be “Myth” ….ahahaha !

Dude been in the league 100 years and only ONE LEAGUE MVP Award…..ahahahaha….he’s really GRRRRRREat!

Psychology 101…Ball Hawk, just to get your attention to make sure you pay attention to my teachings within my post !!!!

It’s simply too easy…..ahahaha

• lhollis74 - Dec 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM

What!?

• lhollis74 - Dec 8, 2013 at 12:53 AM

“Psychology 101…Ball Hawk, just to get your attention to make sure you pay attention to my teachings within my post !!! ”
      “And1 style, Harlem Globetrotter, trick shot, jack up artist style street ball.”

What!? Oh, I get it, English is your second language, sorry,lol.

• progress2011 - Dec 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Again….This is a BLOG!

I have ABSOLUTELY…ZERO intent to use “The Kings” English. ahahahahaha

Get your pocket protector out and take this note….I pay students from the local college $7.50 an hour to do data entry, spell and grammar checks.

If you are interested in a secretary assistant job….I can probably hook you up……ahahahaha

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches