Dec 6, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Anytime a player on either team hits a shot from a distance that borders on the absurd, the announcers on the telecast seemingly can’t wait to break out the local references in describing just how far away the attempt actually was.
In this case, we had Russell Westbrook hitting a shot from near halfcourt to beat the 24-second clock in the second quarter of Friday night’s game in New Orleans against the Pelicans, and the broadcast crew immediately started dropping references to local points of interest to play up the fact that Westbrook may have hit a shot from outside of his (or anyone’s) normal shooting range.
[via Royce Young]
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23