Dec 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
The only questions are when he gets moved and where he lands.
Talks have not progressed all that quickly because while other teams come in with lowball offers the Rockets front office remains “delusional” (choose your spin on this one, both are probably based in reality). But now comes this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
What I would take this to mean is you can expect a rash of rumors and maybe an Asik trade somewhere between Dec. 15 (the day that guys signed this summer become eligible to be traded) and Dec. 19. If there is no deal by then, it likely will be closer to the deadline.
One team we know was in some level of conversation with Houston was Portland, although a swap for Robin Lopez just brings in another center when what the Rockets want is really a stretch four. And no, New Orleans’ Ryan Anderson is not going to get moved (especially now with Anthony Davis out).
We’ll see how this plays out in about 10 days.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8