Dec 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The only questions are when he gets moved and where he lands.
Talks have not progressed all that quickly because while other teams come in with lowball offers the Rockets front office remains “delusional” (choose your spin on this one, both are probably based in reality). But now comes this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
What I would take this to mean is you can expect a rash of rumors and maybe an Asik trade somewhere between Dec. 15 (the day that guys signed this summer become eligible to be traded) and Dec. 19. If there is no deal by then, it likely will be closer to the deadline.
One team we know was in some level of conversation with Houston was Portland, although a swap for Robin Lopez just brings in another center when what the Rockets want is really a stretch four. And no, New Orleans’ Ryan Anderson is not going to get moved (especially now with Anthony Davis out).
We’ll see how this plays out in about 10 days.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9