Dec 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The only questions are when he gets moved and where he lands.
Talks have not progressed all that quickly because while other teams come in with lowball offers the Rockets front office remains “delusional” (choose your spin on this one, both are probably based in reality). But now comes this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
What I would take this to mean is you can expect a rash of rumors and maybe an Asik trade somewhere between Dec. 15 (the day that guys signed this summer become eligible to be traded) and Dec. 19. If there is no deal by then, it likely will be closer to the deadline.
One team we know was in some level of conversation with Houston was Portland, although a swap for Robin Lopez just brings in another center when what the Rockets want is really a stretch four. And no, New Orleans’ Ryan Anderson is not going to get moved (especially now with Anthony Davis out).
We’ll see how this plays out in about 10 days.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2