Dec 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The only questions are when he gets moved and where he lands.
Talks have not progressed all that quickly because while other teams come in with lowball offers the Rockets front office remains “delusional” (choose your spin on this one, both are probably based in reality). But now comes this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
What I would take this to mean is you can expect a rash of rumors and maybe an Asik trade somewhere between Dec. 15 (the day that guys signed this summer become eligible to be traded) and Dec. 19. If there is no deal by then, it likely will be closer to the deadline.
One team we know was in some level of conversation with Houston was Portland, although a swap for Robin Lopez just brings in another center when what the Rockets want is really a stretch four. And no, New Orleans’ Ryan Anderson is not going to get moved (especially now with Anthony Davis out).
We’ll see how this plays out in about 10 days.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 23
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 22
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2