Dec 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The only questions are when he gets moved and where he lands.
Talks have not progressed all that quickly because while other teams come in with lowball offers the Rockets front office remains “delusional” (choose your spin on this one, both are probably based in reality). But now comes this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
What I would take this to mean is you can expect a rash of rumors and maybe an Asik trade somewhere between Dec. 15 (the day that guys signed this summer become eligible to be traded) and Dec. 19. If there is no deal by then, it likely will be closer to the deadline.
One team we know was in some level of conversation with Houston was Portland, although a swap for Robin Lopez just brings in another center when what the Rockets want is really a stretch four. And no, New Orleans’ Ryan Anderson is not going to get moved (especially now with Anthony Davis out).
We’ll see how this plays out in about 10 days.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13