Dec 6, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Otto Porter, the No. 3 pick of the Washington Wizards and the guy seen as their small forward of the future, could make his NBA debut Friday night.
Porter, who strained his hip flexor in September and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, is active for the Wizards Friday night against the lowly Bucks, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com.
This isn’t a surprised as Porter looked good in practice this week.
Porter is seen as potentially part of the long-term future in Washington with John Wall and Bradley Beal. However, that is then and right now the 9-9 Wizards are thinking playoffs this season. That means more of veterans Trevor Ariza and Martell Webster at the three and Porter eased into the rotation.
Still, at least he is in the rotation now.
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 1
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 6
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 30
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10