Dec 6, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Otto Porter, the No. 3 pick of the Washington Wizards and the guy seen as their small forward of the future, could make his NBA debut Friday night.
Porter, who strained his hip flexor in September and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, is active for the Wizards Friday night against the lowly Bucks, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com.
This isn’t a surprised as Porter looked good in practice this week.
Porter is seen as potentially part of the long-term future in Washington with John Wall and Bradley Beal. However, that is then and right now the 9-9 Wizards are thinking playoffs this season. That means more of veterans Trevor Ariza and Martell Webster at the three and Porter eased into the rotation.
Still, at least he is in the rotation now.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 0
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35