Dec 6, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Otto Porter, the No. 3 pick of the Washington Wizards and the guy seen as their small forward of the future, could make his NBA debut Friday night.
Porter, who strained his hip flexor in September and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, is active for the Wizards Friday night against the lowly Bucks, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com.
This isn’t a surprised as Porter looked good in practice this week.
Porter is seen as potentially part of the long-term future in Washington with John Wall and Bradley Beal. However, that is then and right now the 9-9 Wizards are thinking playoffs this season. That means more of veterans Trevor Ariza and Martell Webster at the three and Porter eased into the rotation.
Still, at least he is in the rotation now.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13