Dec 6, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Otto Porter, the No. 3 pick of the Washington Wizards and the guy seen as their small forward of the future, could make his NBA debut Friday night.
Porter, who strained his hip flexor in September and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, is active for the Wizards Friday night against the lowly Bucks, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com.
This isn’t a surprised as Porter looked good in practice this week.
Porter is seen as potentially part of the long-term future in Washington with John Wall and Bradley Beal. However, that is then and right now the 9-9 Wizards are thinking playoffs this season. That means more of veterans Trevor Ariza and Martell Webster at the three and Porter eased into the rotation.
Still, at least he is in the rotation now.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15