Dec 6, 2013, 3:22 PM EST
3:22 pm: The Lakers are in Sacramento tonight. Kobe Bryant will be at his home in Newport Beach, trying to get his daughters to turn off the “Muppets Christmas Carroll” so he can watch the game.
But Sunday night he could be back in the game.
The Lakers play the Raptors Sunday at Staples Center. The call is Kobe’s — he was scheduled to go through another workout at the Lakers practice facility Friday — but at shootaround up in Sacramento Mike D’Antoni said this, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kobe is recovering from a torn Achilles tendon — the Lakers need his offense but it will be interesting to see what Kobe they get. Nobody is quite the same after an Achilles injury, Chauncey Billups talked about not getting the same explosiveness back, but once he adjusts Kobe certainly brings an attacking mentality to a lagging offense.
We may see what it looks like Sunday night.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27