Dec 6, 2013, 3:22 PM EST
3:22 pm: The Lakers are in Sacramento tonight. Kobe Bryant will be at his home in Newport Beach, trying to get his daughters to turn off the “Muppets Christmas Carroll” so he can watch the game.
But Sunday night he could be back in the game.
The Lakers play the Raptors Sunday at Staples Center. The call is Kobe’s — he was scheduled to go through another workout at the Lakers practice facility Friday — but at shootaround up in Sacramento Mike D’Antoni said this, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kobe is recovering from a torn Achilles tendon — the Lakers need his offense but it will be interesting to see what Kobe they get. Nobody is quite the same after an Achilles injury, Chauncey Billups talked about not getting the same explosiveness back, but once he adjusts Kobe certainly brings an attacking mentality to a lagging offense.
We may see what it looks like Sunday night.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 36
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8