Dec 6, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
3:22 pm: The Lakers are in Sacramento tonight. Kobe Bryant will be at his home in Newport Beach, trying to get his daughters to turn off the “Muppets Christmas Carroll” so he can watch the game.
But Sunday night he could be back in the game.
The Lakers play the Raptors Sunday at Staples Center. The call is Kobe’s — he was scheduled to go through another workout at the Lakers practice facility Friday — but at shootaround up in Sacramento Mike D’Antoni said this, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kobe is recovering from a torn Achilles tendon — the Lakers need his offense but it will be interesting to see what Kobe they get. Nobody is quite the same after an Achilles injury, Chauncey Billups talked about not getting the same explosiveness back, but once he adjusts Kobe certainly brings an attacking mentality to a lagging offense.
We may see what it looks like Sunday night.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15