Dec 6, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant’s jersey has faced snow, rain and wind. Yet, it’s endured.
That’s the lesson I took from the above video, which Kobe posted to Facebook today.
Oh, and that Kobe will return Sunday against the Raptors. I guess he’s been through a lot, too.
Sunday will mark just 240 days since he tore his Achilles, making this turnaround remarkably quick rehabilitation for a player his age. It’s fair to question how good Kobe will be upon his return, but you can’t doubt his resolve.
Kobe’s place as a member of the NBA’s all-time greats is without question. But where he ranks within that pantheon is still up to debate. These final years of Kobe’s career could make the difference of a spot or few in the all-time rankings. That definitely means something to Kobe, who could have retired a huge success rather than fight his way back.
As the video said, “THE LEGEND CONTINUES,” and we can again enjoy watching it unfold Sunday.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40