Dec 6, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant’s jersey has faced snow, rain and wind. Yet, it’s endured.
That’s the lesson I took from the above video, which Kobe posted to Facebook today.
Oh, and that Kobe will return Sunday against the Raptors. I guess he’s been through a lot, too.
Sunday will mark just 240 days since he tore his Achilles, making this turnaround remarkably quick rehabilitation for a player his age. It’s fair to question how good Kobe will be upon his return, but you can’t doubt his resolve.
Kobe’s place as a member of the NBA’s all-time greats is without question. But where he ranks within that pantheon is still up to debate. These final years of Kobe’s career could make the difference of a spot or few in the all-time rankings. That definitely means something to Kobe, who could have retired a huge success rather than fight his way back.
As the video said, “THE LEGEND CONTINUES,” and we can again enjoy watching it unfold Sunday.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43