Dec 6, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
Kobe Bryant’s jersey has faced snow, rain and wind. Yet, it’s endured.
That’s the lesson I took from the above video, which Kobe posted to Facebook today.
Oh, and that Kobe will return Sunday against the Raptors. I guess he’s been through a lot, too.
Sunday will mark just 240 days since he tore his Achilles, making this turnaround remarkably quick rehabilitation for a player his age. It’s fair to question how good Kobe will be upon his return, but you can’t doubt his resolve.
Kobe’s place as a member of the NBA’s all-time greats is without question. But where he ranks within that pantheon is still up to debate. These final years of Kobe’s career could make the difference of a spot or few in the all-time rankings. That definitely means something to Kobe, who could have retired a huge success rather than fight his way back.
As the video said, “THE LEGEND CONTINUES,” and we can again enjoy watching it unfold Sunday.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 3
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39