Dec 6, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant’s jersey has faced snow, rain and wind. Yet, it’s endured.
That’s the lesson I took from the above video, which Kobe posted to Facebook today.
Oh, and that Kobe will return Sunday against the Raptors. I guess he’s been through a lot, too.
Sunday will mark just 240 days since he tore his Achilles, making this turnaround remarkably quick rehabilitation for a player his age. It’s fair to question how good Kobe will be upon his return, but you can’t doubt his resolve.
Kobe’s place as a member of the NBA’s all-time greats is without question. But where he ranks within that pantheon is still up to debate. These final years of Kobe’s career could make the difference of a spot or few in the all-time rankings. That definitely means something to Kobe, who could have retired a huge success rather than fight his way back.
As the video said, “THE LEGEND CONTINUES,” and we can again enjoy watching it unfold Sunday.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8