Dec 6, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Kevin Love will not suit up Saturday night when the Timberwolves host the Miami Heat for the one time this season.
Love’s grandmother has passed away and he is not with the team right now. Timberwolves assistant coach Terry Porter said Friday Love will not play Saturday, tweets the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The Timberwolves released this statement the other day:
“The Timberwolves organization is deeply saddened to learn of the passing late last night of Carol Lee Craig, Kevin Love’s maternal grandmother. The Timberwolves send our condolences to the Love family in this difficult time.”
Our thoughts go out to Love and his family as well.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Love is averaging 23.7 points and 13.6 rebounds a game this season and with those numbers has moved into the fringes of the early MVP conversation. Minnesota will certainly miss his rebounding against a Heat team where crashing the boards is a weakness.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 13
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 33
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28