Dec 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
This is the Chicago Bulls that are hard to beat, Derrick Rose or no Derrick Rose.
Since Rose went down with a torn meniscus the Bulls have struggled at both ends of the floor — they had been giving up 13 more points per 100 possessions defensively than they had with Rose. That was just about focus and not playing at both ends like they normally do.
But that defense was back against the Heat (allowing 96.1 points per 100 possessions). Miami scored just 34 points in the paint There also was a whole lot of Carlos Boozer — 27 points and 9 rebounds — which is what we highlight in that video. For all the talk about Boozer’s contract and flaws, the guy can flat-out play.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11