Dec 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EST
This is the Chicago Bulls that are hard to beat, Derrick Rose or no Derrick Rose.
Since Rose went down with a torn meniscus the Bulls have struggled at both ends of the floor — they had been giving up 13 more points per 100 possessions defensively than they had with Rose. That was just about focus and not playing at both ends like they normally do.
But that defense was back against the Heat (allowing 96.1 points per 100 possessions). Miami scored just 34 points in the paint There also was a whole lot of Carlos Boozer — 27 points and 9 rebounds — which is what we highlight in that video. For all the talk about Boozer’s contract and flaws, the guy can flat-out play.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0