Dec 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
This is the Chicago Bulls that are hard to beat, Derrick Rose or no Derrick Rose.
Since Rose went down with a torn meniscus the Bulls have struggled at both ends of the floor — they had been giving up 13 more points per 100 possessions defensively than they had with Rose. That was just about focus and not playing at both ends like they normally do.
But that defense was back against the Heat (allowing 96.1 points per 100 possessions). Miami scored just 34 points in the paint There also was a whole lot of Carlos Boozer — 27 points and 9 rebounds — which is what we highlight in that video. For all the talk about Boozer’s contract and flaws, the guy can flat-out play.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 0
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17