Dec 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
This is the Chicago Bulls that are hard to beat, Derrick Rose or no Derrick Rose.
Since Rose went down with a torn meniscus the Bulls have struggled at both ends of the floor — they had been giving up 13 more points per 100 possessions defensively than they had with Rose. That was just about focus and not playing at both ends like they normally do.
But that defense was back against the Heat (allowing 96.1 points per 100 possessions). Miami scored just 34 points in the paint There also was a whole lot of Carlos Boozer — 27 points and 9 rebounds — which is what we highlight in that video. For all the talk about Boozer’s contract and flaws, the guy can flat-out play.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 11
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2