Dec 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
This is the Chicago Bulls that are hard to beat, Derrick Rose or no Derrick Rose.
Since Rose went down with a torn meniscus the Bulls have struggled at both ends of the floor — they had been giving up 13 more points per 100 possessions defensively than they had with Rose. That was just about focus and not playing at both ends like they normally do.
But that defense was back against the Heat (allowing 96.1 points per 100 possessions). Miami scored just 34 points in the paint There also was a whole lot of Carlos Boozer — 27 points and 9 rebounds — which is what we highlight in that video. For all the talk about Boozer’s contract and flaws, the guy can flat-out play.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25