Dec 5, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Otto Porter could make his Washington Wizards debut this weekend. He has been out since before training camp with a hip flexor injury, but the No. 3 pick overall could get some NBA action soon.
And teammate Marcin Gortat is worried about him.
Jokingly. But Porter’s slight frame (6’9, 198 pounds) became a joke, as reported by J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m laughing at him right now because his calf is the size of my wrist. He’s got to put on some weight. He might get destroyed out there. He’s so small, seriously.”
Gortat did say good things about Porter.
“We definitely need a guy off the bench who can come in, knock down some shots, give us a spark offensively energy-wise. We need that person. He’s definitely a talent kid. His shot looks really good. He’s made a lot of shots. He’s looking really good. He could be the joker in the coach’s sleeve. He might be the guy that come in here and help us win games off the bat as long as he can stay healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19