Dec 5, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Otto Porter could make his Washington Wizards debut this weekend. He has been out since before training camp with a hip flexor injury, but the No. 3 pick overall could get some NBA action soon.
And teammate Marcin Gortat is worried about him.
Jokingly. But Porter’s slight frame (6’9, 198 pounds) became a joke, as reported by J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m laughing at him right now because his calf is the size of my wrist. He’s got to put on some weight. He might get destroyed out there. He’s so small, seriously.”
Gortat did say good things about Porter.
“We definitely need a guy off the bench who can come in, knock down some shots, give us a spark offensively energy-wise. We need that person. He’s definitely a talent kid. His shot looks really good. He’s made a lot of shots. He’s looking really good. He could be the joker in the coach’s sleeve. He might be the guy that come in here and help us win games off the bat as long as he can stay healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 18
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0