Dec 5, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Otto Porter could make his Washington Wizards debut this weekend. He has been out since before training camp with a hip flexor injury, but the No. 3 pick overall could get some NBA action soon.
And teammate Marcin Gortat is worried about him.
Jokingly. But Porter’s slight frame (6’9, 198 pounds) became a joke, as reported by J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m laughing at him right now because his calf is the size of my wrist. He’s got to put on some weight. He might get destroyed out there. He’s so small, seriously.”
Gortat did say good things about Porter.
“We definitely need a guy off the bench who can come in, knock down some shots, give us a spark offensively energy-wise. We need that person. He’s definitely a talent kid. His shot looks really good. He’s made a lot of shots. He’s looking really good. He could be the joker in the coach’s sleeve. He might be the guy that come in here and help us win games off the bat as long as he can stay healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85