Dec 5, 2013, 3:09 AM EDT
I said it in the PBT nightly grades post and I’ll say it here — I think LaMarcus Aldridge is the best four in the league right now. I’d take him over Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan or anyone else you can throw out there right now (excluding LeBron James, who plays kind of a hybrid four a lot for Miami but that is a different system).
Aldridge showed how special he is with his 38 points on Wednesday night against the Thunder — Aldridge was the best player on the floor. Better than that Kevin Durant guy (who was pretty good with 33 of his own). Aldridge had 28 and 10 a couple of nights ago against the Pacers.
Thing is, Aldridge has been pretty much this good for years, the talent around him hasn’t been as good so he drew a lot more defensive attention. Now… well check out those highlights.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13