Dec 5, 2013, 3:09 AM EDT
I said it in the PBT nightly grades post and I’ll say it here — I think LaMarcus Aldridge is the best four in the league right now. I’d take him over Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan or anyone else you can throw out there right now (excluding LeBron James, who plays kind of a hybrid four a lot for Miami but that is a different system).
Aldridge showed how special he is with his 38 points on Wednesday night against the Thunder — Aldridge was the best player on the floor. Better than that Kevin Durant guy (who was pretty good with 33 of his own). Aldridge had 28 and 10 a couple of nights ago against the Pacers.
Thing is, Aldridge has been pretty much this good for years, the talent around him hasn’t been as good so he drew a lot more defensive attention. Now… well check out those highlights.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20