Dec 5, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
Now LeBron James is about to be the latest NBA superstar to head to the big screen and star in a movie.
Well, we don’t know how big his role is because Kevin Hart — the comedian from “Think Like a Man” and soon to come out “Ride Along,” who will co-star and write the movie — is still working on the script rewrite. But Deadline Hollywood has the details.
Kevin Hart is signing on to star with LeBron James in Ballers, the basketball comedy for Universal and Imagine Entertainment. Brian Grazer and Michael Rosenberg are producing.
Hart will first co-write the comedy along with his scripting teammates Joey Wells, Chris Spencer and Harry Ratchford. He’ll then star as a man who lives in the shadow of his NBA superstar brother (James), but gets a chance to prove himself when he and some pals attend a weekend fantasy basketball camp in Miami.
Yes, that is a “Twins” like pairing of 5’3” Hart and 6’8” LeBron. Hart is a regular at the NBA All-Star weekend and was MVP of the celebrity game one year. I imagine because of his ferocious dunks.
There is plenty of potential comedy there, we’ll see if Hart can pull it out. Then we’ll see if LeBron can pull it off on the big screen.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5