Dec 5, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
Now LeBron James is about to be the latest NBA superstar to head to the big screen and star in a movie.
Well, we don’t know how big his role is because Kevin Hart — the comedian from “Think Like a Man” and soon to come out “Ride Along,” who will co-star and write the movie — is still working on the script rewrite. But Deadline Hollywood has the details.
Kevin Hart is signing on to star with LeBron James in Ballers, the basketball comedy for Universal and Imagine Entertainment. Brian Grazer and Michael Rosenberg are producing.
Hart will first co-write the comedy along with his scripting teammates Joey Wells, Chris Spencer and Harry Ratchford. He’ll then star as a man who lives in the shadow of his NBA superstar brother (James), but gets a chance to prove himself when he and some pals attend a weekend fantasy basketball camp in Miami.
Yes, that is a “Twins” like pairing of 5’3” Hart and 6’8” LeBron. Hart is a regular at the NBA All-Star weekend and was MVP of the celebrity game one year. I imagine because of his ferocious dunks.
There is plenty of potential comedy there, we’ll see if Hart can pull it out. Then we’ll see if LeBron can pull it off on the big screen.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12