Dec 5, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
NEW YORK – The Knicks ended their nine-game losing streak with a blowout win over the Nets in Brooklyn, and early in the fourth with the game already decided Kevin Garnett and Andrea Bargnani got into a brief scuffle that resulted in both players being assessed technical fouls.
Garnett is normally the one to blame in these situations, and initially that seemed to be the case here. Standing over another player preventing him from getting up off the floor is a passive aggressive move, and Bargnani was right not to take to kindly to Garnett’s action.
But Bargnani wasn’t innocent here, holding Garnett’s jersey as he fell which caused Garnett to do the same.
Players from both teams stepped in quickly (as did the officials), and there was nothing more to see — until a short time later when Bargnani may have had words for Garnett after hitting a long two-pointer that pushed the lead to 30. Bargnani said afterward he did nothing to earn the ejection, but referee Joey Crawford apparently believed there was some taunting going on and he didn’t want things to escalate.
Garnett was asked afterward what Bargnani said to him to earn the ejection.
“I don’t speak Italian,” Garnett said.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29