Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Dwyane Wade missed the Heat shootaround on Thursday, he was back at the hotel with what the team called “flu like symptoms.”
That will now keep him out of the Heat’s game Thursday night against the Bulls, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade has missed several games this season to rest his knees, but this does not appear to be the case Thursday. That or the team watched Gregg Popovich get the Spurs fined for a Thursday game last season and are playing it safe. The result is the same either way.
The Heat also will be without reserve center Chris Andersen, who will miss the game for personal reasons but is expected to rejoin the team on Friday.
The Bulls, of course, will be without Derrick Rose in a game that had a lot of luster when we first saw it on the schedule but now looks a little dreary.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14