Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Heat shootaround on Thursday, he was back at the hotel with what the team called “flu like symptoms.”
That will now keep him out of the Heat’s game Thursday night against the Bulls, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade has missed several games this season to rest his knees, but this does not appear to be the case Thursday. That or the team watched Gregg Popovich get the Spurs fined for a Thursday game last season and are playing it safe. The result is the same either way.
The Heat also will be without reserve center Chris Andersen, who will miss the game for personal reasons but is expected to rejoin the team on Friday.
The Bulls, of course, will be without Derrick Rose in a game that had a lot of luster when we first saw it on the schedule but now looks a little dreary.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49