Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Heat shootaround on Thursday, he was back at the hotel with what the team called “flu like symptoms.”
That will now keep him out of the Heat’s game Thursday night against the Bulls, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade has missed several games this season to rest his knees, but this does not appear to be the case Thursday. That or the team watched Gregg Popovich get the Spurs fined for a Thursday game last season and are playing it safe. The result is the same either way.
The Heat also will be without reserve center Chris Andersen, who will miss the game for personal reasons but is expected to rejoin the team on Friday.
The Bulls, of course, will be without Derrick Rose in a game that had a lot of luster when we first saw it on the schedule but now looks a little dreary.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15