Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Heat shootaround on Thursday, he was back at the hotel with what the team called “flu like symptoms.”
That will now keep him out of the Heat’s game Thursday night against the Bulls, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade has missed several games this season to rest his knees, but this does not appear to be the case Thursday. That or the team watched Gregg Popovich get the Spurs fined for a Thursday game last season and are playing it safe. The result is the same either way.
The Heat also will be without reserve center Chris Andersen, who will miss the game for personal reasons but is expected to rejoin the team on Friday.
The Bulls, of course, will be without Derrick Rose in a game that had a lot of luster when we first saw it on the schedule but now looks a little dreary.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 2
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42