Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Heat shootaround on Thursday, he was back at the hotel with what the team called “flu like symptoms.”
That will now keep him out of the Heat’s game Thursday night against the Bulls, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade has missed several games this season to rest his knees, but this does not appear to be the case Thursday. That or the team watched Gregg Popovich get the Spurs fined for a Thursday game last season and are playing it safe. The result is the same either way.
The Heat also will be without reserve center Chris Andersen, who will miss the game for personal reasons but is expected to rejoin the team on Friday.
The Bulls, of course, will be without Derrick Rose in a game that had a lot of luster when we first saw it on the schedule but now looks a little dreary.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 15
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 14
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 13
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27