Dec 4, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
When TNT worked with the NBA to set up its Thursday showcase schedule, this Thursday seemed like a ratings spike — the defending Atlantic Division champion Knicks with Carmelo Anthony against the new Kidd on the block in the Brooklyn Nets. Then a showdown between Derrick Rose‘s Bulls and the two-time defending champion Heat.
The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men…
Kay Adams and I talk about these “epic” Thursday night showdowns in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First up is coach Jason Kidd’s demotion of Lawrence Frank and what that could mean for his future. Could Nets management really admit it made a mistake and fire him this early in the season? We talk about if this game can be a springboard for either of the New York Teams. Then finally, what is up with the Bulls defense lately?
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43