Dec 4, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
When TNT worked with the NBA to set up its Thursday showcase schedule, this Thursday seemed like a ratings spike — the defending Atlantic Division champion Knicks with Carmelo Anthony against the new Kidd on the block in the Brooklyn Nets. Then a showdown between Derrick Rose‘s Bulls and the two-time defending champion Heat.
The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men…
Kay Adams and I talk about these “epic” Thursday night showdowns in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First up is coach Jason Kidd’s demotion of Lawrence Frank and what that could mean for his future. Could Nets management really admit it made a mistake and fire him this early in the season? We talk about if this game can be a springboard for either of the New York Teams. Then finally, what is up with the Bulls defense lately?
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2