Dec 4, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
The Washington Wizards have gone 7-3 in their last 10 and have moved into the No. 3 seed in the East (at 9-9, but still the three seed) all without having the No. 3 pick in the last draft Otto Porter, who was supposed to be the starting three on this team.
But they could get him back soon — maybe even Friday — reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I feel good, for the first time, going up and down (the court),” Porter said after an almost two-hour session at Verizon Center on Wednesday. “I don’t know about Friday. But I feel like I’m getting more in shape.”
“I liked what I saw today. At the end, he got winded,” (Wizards coach Randy) Wittman said. “That’s going to be expected. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of bounce he’s got coming in tomorrow on a back-to-back (practice). Like I told you with Chris, it’s kind of a feel. He’s not going to come in and play 30 minutes. We’re going to ease him in.”
Porter played some in the Summer League (he struggled as the style of play there doesn’t fit his game well) but suffered a hip flexor injury in preparing for training camp. He missed all of camp and the preseason, now has to hit the ground running in the regular season.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14