Dec 4, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
The Washington Wizards have gone 7-3 in their last 10 and have moved into the No. 3 seed in the East (at 9-9, but still the three seed) all without having the No. 3 pick in the last draft Otto Porter, who was supposed to be the starting three on this team.
But they could get him back soon — maybe even Friday — reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I feel good, for the first time, going up and down (the court),” Porter said after an almost two-hour session at Verizon Center on Wednesday. “I don’t know about Friday. But I feel like I’m getting more in shape.”
“I liked what I saw today. At the end, he got winded,” (Wizards coach Randy) Wittman said. “That’s going to be expected. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of bounce he’s got coming in tomorrow on a back-to-back (practice). Like I told you with Chris, it’s kind of a feel. He’s not going to come in and play 30 minutes. We’re going to ease him in.”
Porter played some in the Summer League (he struggled as the style of play there doesn’t fit his game well) but suffered a hip flexor injury in preparing for training camp. He missed all of camp and the preseason, now has to hit the ground running in the regular season.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36