Dec 4, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
The Washington Wizards have gone 7-3 in their last 10 and have moved into the No. 3 seed in the East (at 9-9, but still the three seed) all without having the No. 3 pick in the last draft Otto Porter, who was supposed to be the starting three on this team.
But they could get him back soon — maybe even Friday — reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I feel good, for the first time, going up and down (the court),” Porter said after an almost two-hour session at Verizon Center on Wednesday. “I don’t know about Friday. But I feel like I’m getting more in shape.”
“I liked what I saw today. At the end, he got winded,” (Wizards coach Randy) Wittman said. “That’s going to be expected. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of bounce he’s got coming in tomorrow on a back-to-back (practice). Like I told you with Chris, it’s kind of a feel. He’s not going to come in and play 30 minutes. We’re going to ease him in.”
Porter played some in the Summer League (he struggled as the style of play there doesn’t fit his game well) but suffered a hip flexor injury in preparing for training camp. He missed all of camp and the preseason, now has to hit the ground running in the regular season.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 39
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 62
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40