Dec 4, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Afflalo was overshadowed by the two rookies notching triple-doubles (Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo) but this was a career high for the former UCLA star. He had 14 in the first quarter and as the game climbed toward 2OT it was Afflalo that helped keep the Magic in it.
This season Afflalo is posting career highs in PER (20.7), points (21.4), rebounds (4.4), assists (4.4) and three-point percentage (48.1%). He’s a fantastic pure shooter from deep who also will post up a smaller guards used on him. Afflalo has been trade bait this season (part of Orlando’s rebuilding efforts) and you have to think a few teams are looking at games like this and thinking “we could use a guy like that.”
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1