Dec 4, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Afflalo was overshadowed by the two rookies notching triple-doubles (Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo) but this was a career high for the former UCLA star. He had 14 in the first quarter and as the game climbed toward 2OT it was Afflalo that helped keep the Magic in it.
This season Afflalo is posting career highs in PER (20.7), points (21.4), rebounds (4.4), assists (4.4) and three-point percentage (48.1%). He’s a fantastic pure shooter from deep who also will post up a smaller guards used on him. Afflalo has been trade bait this season (part of Orlando’s rebuilding efforts) and you have to think a few teams are looking at games like this and thinking “we could use a guy like that.”
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 40
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 29
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33