Nate Robinson shot lefty free throws after injuring right wrist Tuesday (VIDEO)

Dec 4, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT

Nate Robinson often gets plenty of run for the Nuggets in the fourth quarter of games. For one thing, he is the human proof of the hot hand theory and when he gets going can change a game (or he can be Mr. Snow Miser, everything he touches turns to snow in his clutch… he’s too much).

He was in during the fourth quarter of the Nets rout of the lowly Nets Tuesday when he fell hard on a drive, landing on his right wrist. His shooting wrist. So he stayed in and shot his free throws lefty.

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $90,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

Then after the game he basically said he’ll get some ice, some tape and be ready to go next game. It’s his football mentality. And who knows, next game he could be Mr. Heat Miser and win the game for the Nuggets.

1. pbtunpaidwriter - Dec 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I’m a decent shooter and I’m a righty. Shooting lefty is a lottt harder than it looks. To even make 1 of 2 is very difficult. Props to Nate.

2. bowens3181 - Dec 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

“He was in during the fourth quarter of the Nets rout of the lowly Nets”

Wow! The Nets must be really awful if they got routed by the Nets!

• peterjohnjoseph - Dec 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

He’s not entirely wrong.. they are doing this to themselves.

3. soflasfinest - Dec 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM

How can you NOT love this little guy??

4. ProBasketballPundit - Dec 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I think being naturally athletic or very skilled at something can carry over to the off-hand to some extent. I’m not saying he has perfect form, but I’d almost expect an NBA player to be competent with their off hand. I’m a great bowler and one of my favorite things to do is taunt my friends or competition by lobbing a few left handed throws down the lane. Even as a lefty I can beat an average bowler and it’s probably because I’ve put in so much time & work in general.

5. belleby123 - Dec 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I don’t understand what “Nets rout of the lowly Nets” means. Were they just sitting on the court playing with themselves?

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview