Dec 4, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
It’s the most anticipated game on the NBA calendar, a battle of powerhouse franchises fighting for the heart of America’s biggest city…
Or, it could be a big steaming pile of… that stuff you have to scrape off the bottom of your shoe sometimes.
It’s the Thursday night showdown between the 3-13 Knicks vs. the 5-13 Nets in a game one team will have to win. It’s in the rules. It’s also a game in the national spotlight as a TNT Thursday showcase game, complete with Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew mocking these teams that are out-tanking the teams that were trying to tank for the lottery (and the Knicks don’t even have a lottery pick this year, they traded it).
“It’s the rivalry, [but] both teams stink,” Kidd said Tuesday night…
Frank Isola of the Daily News asked ‘Melo about that comment.
TNT — they know drama. And this ain’t it.
And the participants supposed to be hyping the game up aren’t helping much.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48