Dec 4, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
It’s the most anticipated game on the NBA calendar, a battle of powerhouse franchises fighting for the heart of America’s biggest city…
Or, it could be a big steaming pile of… that stuff you have to scrape off the bottom of your shoe sometimes.
It’s the Thursday night showdown between the 3-13 Knicks vs. the 5-13 Nets in a game one team will have to win. It’s in the rules. It’s also a game in the national spotlight as a TNT Thursday showcase game, complete with Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew mocking these teams that are out-tanking the teams that were trying to tank for the lottery (and the Knicks don’t even have a lottery pick this year, they traded it).
“It’s the rivalry, [but] both teams stink,” Kidd said Tuesday night…
Frank Isola of the Daily News asked ‘Melo about that comment.
TNT — they know drama. And this ain’t it.
And the participants supposed to be hyping the game up aren’t helping much.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90