Dec 4, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
It’s the most anticipated game on the NBA calendar, a battle of powerhouse franchises fighting for the heart of America’s biggest city…
Or, it could be a big steaming pile of… that stuff you have to scrape off the bottom of your shoe sometimes.
It’s the Thursday night showdown between the 3-13 Knicks vs. the 5-13 Nets in a game one team will have to win. It’s in the rules. It’s also a game in the national spotlight as a TNT Thursday showcase game, complete with Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew mocking these teams that are out-tanking the teams that were trying to tank for the lottery (and the Knicks don’t even have a lottery pick this year, they traded it).
“It’s the rivalry, [but] both teams stink,” Kidd said Tuesday night…
Frank Isola of the Daily News asked ‘Melo about that comment.
TNT — they know drama. And this ain’t it.
And the participants supposed to be hyping the game up aren’t helping much.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3