Dec 4, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
Bobcats forward Michael Kidd Gilchrist suffered a left hand fracture against the Mavericks on Tuesday, the team announced.
Kidd-Gilchrist left the game in the third quarter and did not return. X-rays revealed the fracture, and he will be re-evaluated on Wednesday when the club returns to Charlotte.
Paul Pierce and Anthony Davis both suffered similar injuries earlier this week, and the timetable for their respective return is expected to be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. While we don’t know the extent of Kidd-Gilchrist’s particular injury just yet, it seems like a six-week absence is in the neighborhood of what we can expect.
Kidd-Gilchrist is in his second NBA season, and is averaging 9.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27.2 minutes per contest.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23