Dec 4, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
Bobcats forward Michael Kidd Gilchrist suffered a left hand fracture against the Mavericks on Tuesday, the team announced.
Kidd-Gilchrist left the game in the third quarter and did not return. X-rays revealed the fracture, and he will be re-evaluated on Wednesday when the club returns to Charlotte.
Paul Pierce and Anthony Davis both suffered similar injuries earlier this week, and the timetable for their respective return is expected to be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. While we don’t know the extent of Kidd-Gilchrist’s particular injury just yet, it seems like a six-week absence is in the neighborhood of what we can expect.
Kidd-Gilchrist is in his second NBA season, and is averaging 9.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27.2 minutes per contest.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14