Dec 4, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
Bobcats forward Michael Kidd Gilchrist suffered a left hand fracture against the Mavericks on Tuesday, the team announced.
Kidd-Gilchrist left the game in the third quarter and did not return. X-rays revealed the fracture, and he will be re-evaluated on Wednesday when the club returns to Charlotte.
Paul Pierce and Anthony Davis both suffered similar injuries earlier this week, and the timetable for their respective return is expected to be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. While we don’t know the extent of Kidd-Gilchrist’s particular injury just yet, it seems like a six-week absence is in the neighborhood of what we can expect.
Kidd-Gilchrist is in his second NBA season, and is averaging 9.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27.2 minutes per contest.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31