Dec 4, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
Bobcats forward Michael Kidd Gilchrist suffered a left hand fracture against the Mavericks on Tuesday, the team announced.
Kidd-Gilchrist left the game in the third quarter and did not return. X-rays revealed the fracture, and he will be re-evaluated on Wednesday when the club returns to Charlotte.
Paul Pierce and Anthony Davis both suffered similar injuries earlier this week, and the timetable for their respective return is expected to be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. While we don’t know the extent of Kidd-Gilchrist’s particular injury just yet, it seems like a six-week absence is in the neighborhood of what we can expect.
Kidd-Gilchrist is in his second NBA season, and is averaging 9.3 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27.2 minutes per contest.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28