Dec 3, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Trevor Ariza was on fire Monday night. He was on fire from the corner — 4-of-4 on corner threes on Monday night. Heck he was hot from everywhere — 24 points on 8-of-9 shooting.
With Bradley Beal out the Wizards need shooting to space the floor out for Nene inside, to create lanes for John Wall, they need someone to run to the arc in transition. Monday that was Ariza and with him knocking down shots Washington cruised to a win over Orlando.
The win moved the Wizards to 9-9 — that makes them the No. 3 seed in the East, and it is the first time the Wizards have been .500 or better since November of 2009. That may not be impressive to you but it’s worth celebrating in the nation’s capital.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20