Dec 3, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Trevor Ariza was on fire Monday night. He was on fire from the corner — 4-of-4 on corner threes on Monday night. Heck he was hot from everywhere — 24 points on 8-of-9 shooting.
With Bradley Beal out the Wizards need shooting to space the floor out for Nene inside, to create lanes for John Wall, they need someone to run to the arc in transition. Monday that was Ariza and with him knocking down shots Washington cruised to a win over Orlando.
The win moved the Wizards to 9-9 — that makes them the No. 3 seed in the East, and it is the first time the Wizards have been .500 or better since November of 2009. That may not be impressive to you but it’s worth celebrating in the nation’s capital.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23