Dec 3, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Trevor Ariza was on fire Monday night. He was on fire from the corner — 4-of-4 on corner threes on Monday night. Heck he was hot from everywhere — 24 points on 8-of-9 shooting.
With Bradley Beal out the Wizards need shooting to space the floor out for Nene inside, to create lanes for John Wall, they need someone to run to the arc in transition. Monday that was Ariza and with him knocking down shots Washington cruised to a win over Orlando.
The win moved the Wizards to 9-9 — that makes them the No. 3 seed in the East, and it is the first time the Wizards have been .500 or better since November of 2009. That may not be impressive to you but it’s worth celebrating in the nation’s capital.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33