Dec 3, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Trevor Ariza was on fire Monday night. He was on fire from the corner — 4-of-4 on corner threes on Monday night. Heck he was hot from everywhere — 24 points on 8-of-9 shooting.
With Bradley Beal out the Wizards need shooting to space the floor out for Nene inside, to create lanes for John Wall, they need someone to run to the arc in transition. Monday that was Ariza and with him knocking down shots Washington cruised to a win over Orlando.
The win moved the Wizards to 9-9 — that makes them the No. 3 seed in the East, and it is the first time the Wizards have been .500 or better since November of 2009. That may not be impressive to you but it’s worth celebrating in the nation’s capital.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6