Dec 3, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
It’s a good sign for Celtics fans.
But how soon can he be back to full on practices may be up to Rondo. At least according to Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Boston is 7-12 without Rondo this season, but amazingly that is good enough for the nine seed in the East right now.
Rondo is returning from an ACL tear and has hinted December is when he’d like to return. But both the team and Rondo need to be patient and play for the long haul — it’s not about games in December, it’s about games three years from now. They need him to come back right to where he can be his old self.
Once the doctors clear him (if that has really happened) it falls to Rondo to know when he is ready. That may take longer than some fans want (see Rose, Derrick) but it needs to be on Rondo’s timetable. You can bet he wants to be out there but he has to think big picture, too.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0