Dec 3, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
It’s a good sign for Celtics fans.
But how soon can he be back to full on practices may be up to Rondo. At least according to Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Boston is 7-12 without Rondo this season, but amazingly that is good enough for the nine seed in the East right now.
Rondo is returning from an ACL tear and has hinted December is when he’d like to return. But both the team and Rondo need to be patient and play for the long haul — it’s not about games in December, it’s about games three years from now. They need him to come back right to where he can be his old self.
Once the doctors clear him (if that has really happened) it falls to Rondo to know when he is ready. That may take longer than some fans want (see Rose, Derrick) but it needs to be on Rondo’s timetable. You can bet he wants to be out there but he has to think big picture, too.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32