Dec 3, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
The real test comes Wednesday — it’s not how Kobe Bryant looked in practice Tuesday that will determine if he returns to the Lakers lineup Friday night, it’s how he feels 24 hours later.
Still, he looked good.
That according to everyone who saw him. Here are some tweets from Lakers reporters out of the practice.
As noted above, what matters most is how Kobe’s body responds tomorrow. Notice that the dunk above is off the right foot, not the repaired left. As is to be expected.
Kobe did not speak to the media (likely he will not until Thursday) but you get the feeling he will be back this weekend.
The Lakers play at Sacramento on Friday night then host Toronto on Sunday.
Don’t expect to see Steve Nash in either of those games. He practiced for 10 minutes but both the reporters there and Nash himself noted he looked much farther away.
The Lakers are without Jordan Farmar for the next month due to a torn hamstring, leaving Steve Blake as the only point guard healthy and active. The loss of Farmar is a blow to the second unit, where he helped orchestrate a surprisingly successful unit. Farmar also had some good run next to Blake. Now Mike D’Antoni is going to have to scramble his rotations a lot.
Of course, he was going to have to do that with Bryant’s return anyway.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8