Dec 3, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
The real test comes Wednesday — it’s not how Kobe Bryant looked in practice Tuesday that will determine if he returns to the Lakers lineup Friday night, it’s how he feels 24 hours later.
Still, he looked good.
That according to everyone who saw him. Here are some tweets from Lakers reporters out of the practice.
As noted above, what matters most is how Kobe’s body responds tomorrow. Notice that the dunk above is off the right foot, not the repaired left. As is to be expected.
Kobe did not speak to the media (likely he will not until Thursday) but you get the feeling he will be back this weekend.
The Lakers play at Sacramento on Friday night then host Toronto on Sunday.
Don’t expect to see Steve Nash in either of those games. He practiced for 10 minutes but both the reporters there and Nash himself noted he looked much farther away.
The Lakers are without Jordan Farmar for the next month due to a torn hamstring, leaving Steve Blake as the only point guard healthy and active. The loss of Farmar is a blow to the second unit, where he helped orchestrate a surprisingly successful unit. Farmar also had some good run next to Blake. Now Mike D’Antoni is going to have to scramble his rotations a lot.
Of course, he was going to have to do that with Bryant’s return anyway.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6