Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge had a big night in Portland’s big win at home over Indiana — 28 points on 19 shots, including some key ones in the fourth quarter when Portland came from behind for the win. He did some real damage from the midrange hitting 6-of-9 shots on what you would call deep twos.
But he also put the ball on the floor and drove, and that’s where things got interesting. David West did a solid defensive job of getting out of Aldridge and forcing him to drive, then forcing those drives baseline into the waiting help of Roy Hibbert.
Aldridge went up a couple of times to shoot over Hibbert on those drives and when he did his knee was in front of his body and.. ouch. Hibbert took a couple of knees to the area you least want to take a knee as a guy. He dropped to the ground a few times.
Hence the tweet above. And this series of tweets to follow.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11