Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge had a big night in Portland’s big win at home over Indiana — 28 points on 19 shots, including some key ones in the fourth quarter when Portland came from behind for the win. He did some real damage from the midrange hitting 6-of-9 shots on what you would call deep twos.
But he also put the ball on the floor and drove, and that’s where things got interesting. David West did a solid defensive job of getting out of Aldridge and forcing him to drive, then forcing those drives baseline into the waiting help of Roy Hibbert.
Aldridge went up a couple of times to shoot over Hibbert on those drives and when he did his knee was in front of his body and.. ouch. Hibbert took a couple of knees to the area you least want to take a knee as a guy. He dropped to the ground a few times.
Hence the tweet above. And this series of tweets to follow.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7