Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge had a big night in Portland’s big win at home over Indiana — 28 points on 19 shots, including some key ones in the fourth quarter when Portland came from behind for the win. He did some real damage from the midrange hitting 6-of-9 shots on what you would call deep twos.
But he also put the ball on the floor and drove, and that’s where things got interesting. David West did a solid defensive job of getting out of Aldridge and forcing him to drive, then forcing those drives baseline into the waiting help of Roy Hibbert.
Aldridge went up a couple of times to shoot over Hibbert on those drives and when he did his knee was in front of his body and.. ouch. Hibbert took a couple of knees to the area you least want to take a knee as a guy. He dropped to the ground a few times.
Hence the tweet above. And this series of tweets to follow.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73