Dec 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge had a big night in Portland’s big win at home over Indiana — 28 points on 19 shots, including some key ones in the fourth quarter when Portland came from behind for the win. He did some real damage from the midrange hitting 6-of-9 shots on what you would call deep twos.
But he also put the ball on the floor and drove, and that’s where things got interesting. David West did a solid defensive job of getting out of Aldridge and forcing him to drive, then forcing those drives baseline into the waiting help of Roy Hibbert.
Aldridge went up a couple of times to shoot over Hibbert on those drives and when he did his knee was in front of his body and.. ouch. Hibbert took a couple of knees to the area you least want to take a knee as a guy. He dropped to the ground a few times.
Hence the tweet above. And this series of tweets to follow.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22