Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade is inactive for the Heat’s home contest on Tuesday against the Pistons.
“He was a little bit sore after last game,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “so we’ve been working with him and decided that tonight probably would be good to rest.”
Miami is obviously taking the cautious approach in regard to Wade, keeping in mind the team’s goal of returning to the Finals for a fourth straight season, while remembering just how much trouble that knee gave Wade last June against the Spurs throughout a tough seven game series.
The Heat are off to a 14-3 start, and are currently riding a 10-game winning streak. James Jones will start against the Pistons in Wade’s absence. It’s the fourth game Wade has missed this season.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7