Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade is inactive for the Heat’s home contest on Tuesday against the Pistons.
“He was a little bit sore after last game,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “so we’ve been working with him and decided that tonight probably would be good to rest.”
Miami is obviously taking the cautious approach in regard to Wade, keeping in mind the team’s goal of returning to the Finals for a fourth straight season, while remembering just how much trouble that knee gave Wade last June against the Spurs throughout a tough seven game series.
The Heat are off to a 14-3 start, and are currently riding a 10-game winning streak. James Jones will start against the Pistons in Wade’s absence. It’s the fourth game Wade has missed this season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4