Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM EST
Dwyane Wade is inactive for the Heat’s home contest on Tuesday against the Pistons.
“He was a little bit sore after last game,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “so we’ve been working with him and decided that tonight probably would be good to rest.”
Miami is obviously taking the cautious approach in regard to Wade, keeping in mind the team’s goal of returning to the Finals for a fourth straight season, while remembering just how much trouble that knee gave Wade last June against the Spurs throughout a tough seven game series.
The Heat are off to a 14-3 start, and are currently riding a 10-game winning streak. James Jones will start against the Pistons in Wade’s absence. It’s the fourth game Wade has missed this season.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7