Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade is inactive for the Heat’s home contest on Tuesday against the Pistons.
“He was a little bit sore after last game,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “so we’ve been working with him and decided that tonight probably would be good to rest.”
Miami is obviously taking the cautious approach in regard to Wade, keeping in mind the team’s goal of returning to the Finals for a fourth straight season, while remembering just how much trouble that knee gave Wade last June against the Spurs throughout a tough seven game series.
The Heat are off to a 14-3 start, and are currently riding a 10-game winning streak. James Jones will start against the Pistons in Wade’s absence. It’s the fourth game Wade has missed this season.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 5
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 42
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16