Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade is inactive for the Heat’s home contest on Tuesday against the Pistons.
“He was a little bit sore after last game,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “so we’ve been working with him and decided that tonight probably would be good to rest.”
Miami is obviously taking the cautious approach in regard to Wade, keeping in mind the team’s goal of returning to the Finals for a fourth straight season, while remembering just how much trouble that knee gave Wade last June against the Spurs throughout a tough seven game series.
The Heat are off to a 14-3 start, and are currently riding a 10-game winning streak. James Jones will start against the Pistons in Wade’s absence. It’s the fourth game Wade has missed this season.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4