Dec 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
LL Cool J has made the difficult transition from rapper to actor on a show your grandma watches. Not every guy can do that.
He’s also a Knicks fan who had a lot of hoops connections from back in the day – he talked trash with a rookie Kobe Bryant, he was friends with Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing.
Oh, and his friend and Knicks enforcer Anthony Mason served as his bodyguard at barbecues. That’s what LL told Adam Figman of SLAM in a fun Q&A (hat tip to Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie).
Anthony Mason was my man—he used to be in Queens all the time in my neighborhood. He used to throw guys out of barbecues for me. They were talking trash to me and Anthony Mason used to come in and grab them and be like, “Y’all gotta go! Y’all gotta go!” He was my man.
It’s easy to picture Mason doing exactly that.
And nobody would argue with him.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 3
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 30
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 48
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28