Dec 3, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
LL Cool J has made the difficult transition from rapper to actor on a show your grandma watches. Not every guy can do that.
He’s also a Knicks fan who had a lot of hoops connections from back in the day – he talked trash with a rookie Kobe Bryant, he was friends with Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing.
Oh, and his friend and Knicks enforcer Anthony Mason served as his bodyguard at barbecues. That’s what LL told Adam Figman of SLAM in a fun Q&A (hat tip to Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie).
Anthony Mason was my man—he used to be in Queens all the time in my neighborhood. He used to throw guys out of barbecues for me. They were talking trash to me and Anthony Mason used to come in and grab them and be like, “Y’all gotta go! Y’all gotta go!” He was my man.
It’s easy to picture Mason doing exactly that.
And nobody would argue with him.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14