Dec 2, 2013, 11:07 PM EST
That’s about as much emotion as Tim Duncan shows on the court.
Duncan became the oldest player in NBA history to notch a 20-20 (23 points, 21 rebounds) and he capped it off with this game winner to lift the Spurs over the Hawks Monday night, 102-100. So much for the struggling Duncan we had seen the first few weeks of the season.
The play itself was simple: Marco Belinelli inbounded the ball to Manu Ginobili then sprinted down to set a pindown screen for Duncan, who popped up by the elbow, caught the ball and had a clean look at a 17 footer. Drained it. The beauty of this was in the execution.
There was .04 left the Hawks didn’t have a miracle in them. Credit Atlanta, the fought back a couple of times at the end — including with an impressive Jeff Teague three to tie the game — but in the end they fall to 9-10, the Spurs are 15-3.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
Dispute reportedly over terms of second season
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Mar 4, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Marc Gasol is a beast.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:38 PM EST
Who was that masked man?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Why didn’t Utah have Rudy Gobert protecting rim?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
What penalty should Frazier receive?
Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
Pacers are ganging up on Denver players
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 0
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29