Dec 2, 2013, 2:55 AM EDT
Maybe it’s the remnants of the tryptophan talking, but I am handing out nothing but “A” grades tonight… except for the Knicks. I’m feeling generous.
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder. How about this line for KD: 32 points on 66.7 percent shooting, 10 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks. He did pretty much everything at the Chesapeake Energy Arena except change kegs out behind the beer concession… and he may have done that too. I could gush about him here for another 3,000 words, but you know how special he is — and he was on tonight.
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors. Curry was in vintage form as the best shooter in the game: 36 points on 24 shots, 5-of-8 from three, plus he had 12 of those points in the fourth quarter including two free throws with 8.3 seconds left to give the Warriors a 115-113 win over the Kings. He was doing more than just scoring as he chipped in 10 assists, too. It was a gutty performance.
Ryan Anderson, New Orleans Pelicans. No Anthony Davis, no problem. Anderson is going to get a lot more time on the court with Davis down and he looked good filling in Sunday — 31 points on 21 shots, and hitting 7-of-11 from three. He had 14 points in the third as the Pelicans took the lead in the game.
The New York Knicks. Ugh. At home against a team without their best player most of the night and… ugh. The issue just isn’t how much Tyson Chandler means to this team, it’s also that management built a team where Tyson Chandler means that much.
Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons. Another guy with a monster 31 points but also 19 rebounds and six assists to lead the Pistons to a win over the Sixers. Philly didn’t defend him well and every one of his makes came right at the rim. One on a devastating alley-oop. Good to see him have a breakout game.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28