Dec 2, 2013, 2:55 AM EST
Maybe it’s the remnants of the tryptophan talking, but I am handing out nothing but “A” grades tonight… except for the Knicks. I’m feeling generous.
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder. How about this line for KD: 32 points on 66.7 percent shooting, 10 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks. He did pretty much everything at the Chesapeake Energy Arena except change kegs out behind the beer concession… and he may have done that too. I could gush about him here for another 3,000 words, but you know how special he is — and he was on tonight.
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors. Curry was in vintage form as the best shooter in the game: 36 points on 24 shots, 5-of-8 from three, plus he had 12 of those points in the fourth quarter including two free throws with 8.3 seconds left to give the Warriors a 115-113 win over the Kings. He was doing more than just scoring as he chipped in 10 assists, too. It was a gutty performance.
Ryan Anderson, New Orleans Pelicans. No Anthony Davis, no problem. Anderson is going to get a lot more time on the court with Davis down and he looked good filling in Sunday — 31 points on 21 shots, and hitting 7-of-11 from three. He had 14 points in the third as the Pelicans took the lead in the game.
The New York Knicks. Ugh. At home against a team without their best player most of the night and… ugh. The issue just isn’t how much Tyson Chandler means to this team, it’s also that management built a team where Tyson Chandler means that much.
Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons. Another guy with a monster 31 points but also 19 rebounds and six assists to lead the Pistons to a win over the Sixers. Philly didn’t defend him well and every one of his makes came right at the rim. One on a devastating alley-oop. Good to see him have a breakout game.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7