Dec 2, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
Losing causes friction in the locker room. Nine losses is a row is almost enough friction to start a fire.
For the second time in a day some of that friction around the New York Knicks bubbled to the surface — Metta World Peace and Kenyon Martin got in a heated argument Sunday during a workout before the Knicks game, reports Ian Begley at ESPNNewYork.com.
The two veteran forwards did not come to blows, but the back and forth was described as “intense” by one source with knowledge of the dust-up.
World Peace and Martin smoothed things over prior to the Knicks’ 103-99 loss to the Pelicans on Sunday night, sources with knowledge of the situation said.
We don’t have any idea what this one was about, but two veteran players like this should be able to move on.
We already told you that Iman Shumpert vented at Carmelo Anthony after a “miscommunication” on a defensive play. While caught on camera nobody is talking about that one, but Shumpert was already on the trade block so this could well just be a step toward the door for him.
All this really shows is that things are tense in New York, which we knew. There also is no great hope in sight — they need to get J.R. Smith right and Tyson Chandler back healthy. Do that, take some pressure off Carmelo Anthony and things can start to swing the other direction.
But in the short term, coach Mike Woodson has to be concerned he doesn’t become the scapegoat to relieve the pressure.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50