Dec 2, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Because what the Lakers need is another injured star player…
Gasol sat out practice Saturday and was not himself Sunday in the Lakers loss to Portland — 3-of-15 shooting and most of those were him settling for jumpers as he showed no explosion or ability to get to the rim. Then he sat out the entire fourth quarter because of his ankle.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The good news for Lakers fans is the team is off all week until Friday, when they face the Kings in Sacramento. That’s a week of rest.
Friday’s game also could mark the return of Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash to the Lakers lineup, depending on how they respond to a week of practice. The Lakers goal was to win games and hang around .500 until the Lakers got Nash/Kobe/Gasol healthy and then they could make a push for the playoffs. So far the bench guys have done that and carried the team to a 9-9 record playing a Mike D’Antoni style of ball. Soon we’ll see if the second half of that plan works.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31