Dec 2, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Because what the Lakers need is another injured star player…
Gasol sat out practice Saturday and was not himself Sunday in the Lakers loss to Portland — 3-of-15 shooting and most of those were him settling for jumpers as he showed no explosion or ability to get to the rim. Then he sat out the entire fourth quarter because of his ankle.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The good news for Lakers fans is the team is off all week until Friday, when they face the Kings in Sacramento. That’s a week of rest.
Friday’s game also could mark the return of Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash to the Lakers lineup, depending on how they respond to a week of practice. The Lakers goal was to win games and hang around .500 until the Lakers got Nash/Kobe/Gasol healthy and then they could make a push for the playoffs. So far the bench guys have done that and carried the team to a 9-9 record playing a Mike D’Antoni style of ball. Soon we’ll see if the second half of that plan works.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 11
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 13