Dec 2, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Because what the Lakers need is another injured star player…
Gasol sat out practice Saturday and was not himself Sunday in the Lakers loss to Portland — 3-of-15 shooting and most of those were him settling for jumpers as he showed no explosion or ability to get to the rim. Then he sat out the entire fourth quarter because of his ankle.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The good news for Lakers fans is the team is off all week until Friday, when they face the Kings in Sacramento. That’s a week of rest.
Friday’s game also could mark the return of Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash to the Lakers lineup, depending on how they respond to a week of practice. The Lakers goal was to win games and hang around .500 until the Lakers got Nash/Kobe/Gasol healthy and then they could make a push for the playoffs. So far the bench guys have done that and carried the team to a 9-9 record playing a Mike D’Antoni style of ball. Soon we’ll see if the second half of that plan works.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9