Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Blake Griffin has a had a multitude of extremely athletic dunks that have humiliated defenders throughout his career, but the one he threw down over Timofey Mozgov is what most people point to as Griffin’s signature slam dunk highlight.
Griffin tried to add Roy Hibbert of the Pacers to his posterization reel on Sunday, and although he tried to do Hibbert in much the same way he did Mozgov, he was unable to come through with the finish.
Still, going up that high and grabbing the back of Hibbert’s head before attempting to dunk over him took some … initiative, we’ll say, and the effort is certainly something worth noticing.
[via Basket USA]
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3