Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Blake Griffin has a had a multitude of extremely athletic dunks that have humiliated defenders throughout his career, but the one he threw down over Timofey Mozgov is what most people point to as Griffin’s signature slam dunk highlight.
Griffin tried to add Roy Hibbert of the Pacers to his posterization reel on Sunday, and although he tried to do Hibbert in much the same way he did Mozgov, he was unable to come through with the finish.
Still, going up that high and grabbing the back of Hibbert’s head before attempting to dunk over him took some … initiative, we’ll say, and the effort is certainly something worth noticing.
[via Basket USA]
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8