Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Blake Griffin has a had a multitude of extremely athletic dunks that have humiliated defenders throughout his career, but the one he threw down over Timofey Mozgov is what most people point to as Griffin’s signature slam dunk highlight.
Griffin tried to add Roy Hibbert of the Pacers to his posterization reel on Sunday, and although he tried to do Hibbert in much the same way he did Mozgov, he was unable to come through with the finish.
Still, going up that high and grabbing the back of Hibbert’s head before attempting to dunk over him took some … initiative, we’ll say, and the effort is certainly something worth noticing.
[via Basket USA]
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25