Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Blake Griffin has a had a multitude of extremely athletic dunks that have humiliated defenders throughout his career, but the one he threw down over Timofey Mozgov is what most people point to as Griffin’s signature slam dunk highlight.
Griffin tried to add Roy Hibbert of the Pacers to his posterization reel on Sunday, and although he tried to do Hibbert in much the same way he did Mozgov, he was unable to come through with the finish.
Still, going up that high and grabbing the back of Hibbert’s head before attempting to dunk over him took some … initiative, we’ll say, and the effort is certainly something worth noticing.
[via Basket USA]
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13