Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
Blake Griffin has a had a multitude of extremely athletic dunks that have humiliated defenders throughout his career, but the one he threw down over Timofey Mozgov is what most people point to as Griffin’s signature slam dunk highlight.
Griffin tried to add Roy Hibbert of the Pacers to his posterization reel on Sunday, and although he tried to do Hibbert in much the same way he did Mozgov, he was unable to come through with the finish.
Still, going up that high and grabbing the back of Hibbert’s head before attempting to dunk over him took some … initiative, we’ll say, and the effort is certainly something worth noticing.
[via Basket USA]
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14