Lakers execute halfcourt alley-oop to end the first half against Pistons for second straight season (VIDEO)
Nov 30, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
The play above shows Steve Blake inbounding the ball from just inside the halfcourt line on the sideline, and Wesley Johnson ditches a sleeping Josh Smith to streak to the rim before Blake delivers the on-target pass and Johnson hammers it home.
As the announcers on the Lakers feed noted, this should have looked extremely familiar. Because L.A. ran this exact same play in this very same building back in February of last season.
To be fair to the Pistons, there are plenty of new players on the roster and the team has replaced its head coach since the last meeting between the two teams. Credit Mike D’Antoni for recognizing that the new personnel probably wouldn’t have a clue as to what went down last year, and calling the same play which ended up having the very same result.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0