Lakers execute halfcourt alley-oop to end the first half against Pistons for second straight season (VIDEO)
Nov 30, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
The play above shows Steve Blake inbounding the ball from just inside the halfcourt line on the sideline, and Wesley Johnson ditches a sleeping Josh Smith to streak to the rim before Blake delivers the on-target pass and Johnson hammers it home.
As the announcers on the Lakers feed noted, this should have looked extremely familiar. Because L.A. ran this exact same play in this very same building back in February of last season.
To be fair to the Pistons, there are plenty of new players on the roster and the team has replaced its head coach since the last meeting between the two teams. Credit Mike D’Antoni for recognizing that the new personnel probably wouldn’t have a clue as to what went down last year, and calling the same play which ended up having the very same result.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15