Nov 30, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins doesn’t want his teammates shaking hands with their opponents, believing that they will be better served in competition by loathing the other team instead of liking them, even by showing the smallest display of sportsmanship.
Personally, I’m completely down with this philosophy. In an age where plenty of players have known each other since they were kids and off-the-court friendships without regard to team boundaries are prevalent, it’s nice to see some on-court animosity that could fuel some real competitive fire.
Cousins continued his pursuit of team above all on Friday, and did so once again against the Clippers.
After a play where he knocked J.J. Redick to the ground beneath the basket, Redick extended a hand to show he had no hard feelings. Cousins wanted nothing to do with it, of course, and the best part of the exchange was Redick’s completely perplexed reaction.
[via Larry Brown Sports]
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 42
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 16
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34