Nov 29, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
For struggling NBA teams (and even some not-so-bad ones) it’s pretty common to see them sell the opponent coming to town. “Come see Kobe Bryant while you still can” or “Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the high-flying Thunder are coming to town” is a pretty common pitch.
Let me make the obvious point here — the Timberwolves are really fun and a good team. Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Martin — this is a team I like to watch play on League Pass and will go to when they come to my town. People will pay to see them.
Yes, they are 8-9 to start the season but the Timberwolves have been a bit unlucky — their expected win-loss based on their point per possession differential is 11-6. Three game swing. Those kinds of things tend to correct themselves over the course of the season, Minnesota will eventually get some lucky wins. However, things could start to look worse over the next week with the Mavericks, Thunder, Spurs and Heat as the next four games.
Maybe you do need to sell the Heat a little.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6