Nov 29, 2013, 2:01 PM EST
“I honestly didn’t even know who the coach was when I was coming to New York. I just wanted to win a championship; I didn’t even know who was coaching. I didn’t care. It could have been Aunt Jemima. They could have had the syrup coaching. I was coming here regardless. I just wanted to win a championship here.”
—Metta World Peace talking about coming to the Knicks, via ESPNNewYork.com. (The same story where the players talk about their team meeting after the last loss.)
You have to love MWP. He can be a reporter’s dream quote at any given moment.
I’ll add this: There are a number of players who are not really aware of what is going on around the rest of the league. They worry about what is right in front of them — their coach, their minutes, their team — and don’t study up on what other teams are doing (at least until they get a scouting report on said team). They don’t know who is coaching a team or what style they are playing or any of the rest of it. This group has more players in it than you would think.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6