Nov 29, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
“I honestly didn’t even know who the coach was when I was coming to New York. I just wanted to win a championship; I didn’t even know who was coaching. I didn’t care. It could have been Aunt Jemima. They could have had the syrup coaching. I was coming here regardless. I just wanted to win a championship here.”
—Metta World Peace talking about coming to the Knicks, via ESPNNewYork.com. (The same story where the players talk about their team meeting after the last loss.)
You have to love MWP. He can be a reporter’s dream quote at any given moment.
I’ll add this: There are a number of players who are not really aware of what is going on around the rest of the league. They worry about what is right in front of them — their coach, their minutes, their team — and don’t study up on what other teams are doing (at least until they get a scouting report on said team). They don’t know who is coaching a team or what style they are playing or any of the rest of it. This group has more players in it than you would think.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8