Nov 29, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
“I honestly didn’t even know who the coach was when I was coming to New York. I just wanted to win a championship; I didn’t even know who was coaching. I didn’t care. It could have been Aunt Jemima. They could have had the syrup coaching. I was coming here regardless. I just wanted to win a championship here.”
—Metta World Peace talking about coming to the Knicks, via ESPNNewYork.com. (The same story where the players talk about their team meeting after the last loss.)
You have to love MWP. He can be a reporter’s dream quote at any given moment.
I’ll add this: There are a number of players who are not really aware of what is going on around the rest of the league. They worry about what is right in front of them — their coach, their minutes, their team — and don’t study up on what other teams are doing (at least until they get a scouting report on said team). They don’t know who is coaching a team or what style they are playing or any of the rest of it. This group has more players in it than you would think.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19