Nov 29, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
“I honestly didn’t even know who the coach was when I was coming to New York. I just wanted to win a championship; I didn’t even know who was coaching. I didn’t care. It could have been Aunt Jemima. They could have had the syrup coaching. I was coming here regardless. I just wanted to win a championship here.”
—Metta World Peace talking about coming to the Knicks, via ESPNNewYork.com. (The same story where the players talk about their team meeting after the last loss.)
You have to love MWP. He can be a reporter’s dream quote at any given moment.
I’ll add this: There are a number of players who are not really aware of what is going on around the rest of the league. They worry about what is right in front of them — their coach, their minutes, their team — and don’t study up on what other teams are doing (at least until they get a scouting report on said team). They don’t know who is coaching a team or what style they are playing or any of the rest of it. This group has more players in it than you would think.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42