Nov 29, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
“I honestly didn’t even know who the coach was when I was coming to New York. I just wanted to win a championship; I didn’t even know who was coaching. I didn’t care. It could have been Aunt Jemima. They could have had the syrup coaching. I was coming here regardless. I just wanted to win a championship here.”
—Metta World Peace talking about coming to the Knicks, via ESPNNewYork.com. (The same story where the players talk about their team meeting after the last loss.)
You have to love MWP. He can be a reporter’s dream quote at any given moment.
I’ll add this: There are a number of players who are not really aware of what is going on around the rest of the league. They worry about what is right in front of them — their coach, their minutes, their team — and don’t study up on what other teams are doing (at least until they get a scouting report on said team). They don’t know who is coaching a team or what style they are playing or any of the rest of it. This group has more players in it than you would think.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29