Nov 29, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
First James Harden missed time with a foot injury, but he is likely to return Friday night as the Rockets host the Brooklyn Nets.
Which is good because his replacement Jeremy Lin is going to miss a little time.
Lin expected to miss two weeks with a Grade 1 sprain of his right knee, as well as a contusion, tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com. This was suffered Wednesday night during the Rockets’ easy win over the Hawks.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Lin has done well in a sixth man role this season, coming in off the bench and sparking the second unit with his aggressive pick-and-roll play. He’s also developed a much steadier jumper and the result is he is averaging 15.3 points a game, shooting 50.3 percent overall and 39 percent from three. He has a PER of 19 this season, which is close to his old New York numbers.
Patrick Beverly may get a little more run at the point (he does start and all) but look for coach Kevin McHale to lean heavily on veteran reserve Aaron Brooks a lot more the next couple weeks. Which means there will not be a steep drop off.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 11
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 9
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39