Nov 29, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
First James Harden missed time with a foot injury, but he is likely to return Friday night as the Rockets host the Brooklyn Nets.
Which is good because his replacement Jeremy Lin is going to miss a little time.
Lin expected to miss two weeks with a Grade 1 sprain of his right knee, as well as a contusion, tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com. This was suffered Wednesday night during the Rockets’ easy win over the Hawks.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Lin has done well in a sixth man role this season, coming in off the bench and sparking the second unit with his aggressive pick-and-roll play. He’s also developed a much steadier jumper and the result is he is averaging 15.3 points a game, shooting 50.3 percent overall and 39 percent from three. He has a PER of 19 this season, which is close to his old New York numbers.
Patrick Beverly may get a little more run at the point (he does start and all) but look for coach Kevin McHale to lean heavily on veteran reserve Aaron Brooks a lot more the next couple weeks. Which means there will not be a steep drop off.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30