Nov 29, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
First James Harden missed time with a foot injury, but he is likely to return Friday night as the Rockets host the Brooklyn Nets.
Which is good because his replacement Jeremy Lin is going to miss a little time.
Lin expected to miss two weeks with a Grade 1 sprain of his right knee, as well as a contusion, tweets Adam Wexler of CSNHouston.com. This was suffered Wednesday night during the Rockets’ easy win over the Hawks.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Lin has done well in a sixth man role this season, coming in off the bench and sparking the second unit with his aggressive pick-and-roll play. He’s also developed a much steadier jumper and the result is he is averaging 15.3 points a game, shooting 50.3 percent overall and 39 percent from three. He has a PER of 19 this season, which is close to his old New York numbers.
Patrick Beverly may get a little more run at the point (he does start and all) but look for coach Kevin McHale to lean heavily on veteran reserve Aaron Brooks a lot more the next couple weeks. Which means there will not be a steep drop off.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85