Nov 28, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Every year on the game before Thanksgiving, the Orlando Magic have their stars of the game carve a turkey as part of the post game television interview… yes, it’s a little strange, but if John Madden can give out odd numbers of Turkey legs on Thanksgiving, the Magic can have players carve a bird.
Although I’m not sure that I would call what Glen Davis did there “carving.”
Davis and Nikola Vucevic deserved to be the players of the game Wednesday — they combined for 40 points on 19-of-28 shooting, 21 rebounds and four blocks, leading the Magic to a win — which means they got the carving honors. For Davis, that meant just ripping off a leg and eating it. Vucevic carefully carved off a slice, all the while looking like a guy who did not grow up eating turkey in Switzerland and Belgium (where he spent is formative years).
Next year, they need to have some stuffing out there, too.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2