Nov 28, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Every year on the game before Thanksgiving, the Orlando Magic have their stars of the game carve a turkey as part of the post game television interview… yes, it’s a little strange, but if John Madden can give out odd numbers of Turkey legs on Thanksgiving, the Magic can have players carve a bird.
Although I’m not sure that I would call what Glen Davis did there “carving.”
Davis and Nikola Vucevic deserved to be the players of the game Wednesday — they combined for 40 points on 19-of-28 shooting, 21 rebounds and four blocks, leading the Magic to a win — which means they got the carving honors. For Davis, that meant just ripping off a leg and eating it. Vucevic carefully carved off a slice, all the while looking like a guy who did not grow up eating turkey in Switzerland and Belgium (where he spent is formative years).
Next year, they need to have some stuffing out there, too.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20