Nov 28, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Every year on the game before Thanksgiving, the Orlando Magic have their stars of the game carve a turkey as part of the post game television interview… yes, it’s a little strange, but if John Madden can give out odd numbers of Turkey legs on Thanksgiving, the Magic can have players carve a bird.
Although I’m not sure that I would call what Glen Davis did there “carving.”
Davis and Nikola Vucevic deserved to be the players of the game Wednesday — they combined for 40 points on 19-of-28 shooting, 21 rebounds and four blocks, leading the Magic to a win — which means they got the carving honors. For Davis, that meant just ripping off a leg and eating it. Vucevic carefully carved off a slice, all the while looking like a guy who did not grow up eating turkey in Switzerland and Belgium (where he spent is formative years).
Next year, they need to have some stuffing out there, too.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10