Nov 27, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than you love Thanksgiving leftovers….
• Here is a fantastic breakdown of what is going wrong with the Nets. A lot of it is they miss Brook Lopez (and could use the good Deron Williams, if he still exists).
• Nate McMillan, the former Trail Blazers head coach who is now an assistant with the Pacers, talks about his return to the Pacific Northwest for a game.
• It’s not like he was getting on the court much anyway, but Warriors rookie Ognjen Kuzmic will miss at least six weeks following surgery to repair his broken right hand.
• If you ever wanted to know the grooming secrets of NBA players… well, I’d be a little worried about you. But here are the details if you care.
• Here are the nitty-gritty details of the new Paul George contract. The bottom line: He will get 27 percent of the salary cap next year (if he makes the All-Star Game, which he will) rather than 30 percent, as a trade off he has an opt-out after four seasons.
• A group of Cleveland Fans are trying to lure LeBron James back with T-shirts. Good luck with that.
• Some Bucks fans are raising money for a billboard that will beg the team to lose more games and tank for the lottery. Well, it has a better chance of working than the LeBron T-shirts.
• One of the guys who made those back-to-back games Oklahoma City Thunder half court shot promotions and won $20,000 is a college basketball player. You can feel the NCAA itching to investigate already.
• The Boston Celtics (teamed with American Express) have launched pre-game mobile application show, called “Home Court Advantage presented by American Express.” Done in conjunction with Celtics.com, it will include analysis of whoever Boston is playing that night, special interviews with Celtics players and coaches, a look at practices and some off-the-court features. Just a quick search of your smartphone store of choice can find this.
• Finally, Jeremy Lin took a little blow to the head the other game.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30