Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
John Wall has played pretty well lately.
In his last three games, he’s averaging 33.0 points on 61.4 percent shooting, 6.0 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 steals per contest. The Wizards are 2-1 in that span.
It’s a fantastic three-game stretch, but let’s not get carried away.
Aw, shoot, let’s get carried away.
It’s OK for Wall to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
It’s not OK for you to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
Wall has certainly used his confidence to reach the highest level of the sport. He plays with moxie, and he’s better for it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
But as someone who is not Wall, I can say this statement is ridiculous.
Chris Paul is clearly the best point guard in the NBA. Stephen Curry and Tony Parker are also better than Wall. When healthy, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are better than Wall, too.Wall is a tier below with Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo and Damian Lillard.First, Wall must escape that group before challenging the second tier. Paul’s No. 1 spot isn’t even within striking distance.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85