Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
John Wall has played pretty well lately.
In his last three games, he’s averaging 33.0 points on 61.4 percent shooting, 6.0 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 steals per contest. The Wizards are 2-1 in that span.
It’s a fantastic three-game stretch, but let’s not get carried away.
Aw, shoot, let’s get carried away.
It’s OK for Wall to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
It’s not OK for you to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
Wall has certainly used his confidence to reach the highest level of the sport. He plays with moxie, and he’s better for it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
But as someone who is not Wall, I can say this statement is ridiculous.
Chris Paul is clearly the best point guard in the NBA. Stephen Curry and Tony Parker are also better than Wall. When healthy, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are better than Wall, too.Wall is a tier below with Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo and Damian Lillard.First, Wall must escape that group before challenging the second tier. Paul’s No. 1 spot isn’t even within striking distance.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28