Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
John Wall has played pretty well lately.
In his last three games, he’s averaging 33.0 points on 61.4 percent shooting, 6.0 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 steals per contest. The Wizards are 2-1 in that span.
It’s a fantastic three-game stretch, but let’s not get carried away.
Aw, shoot, let’s get carried away.
It’s OK for Wall to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
It’s not OK for you to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
Wall has certainly used his confidence to reach the highest level of the sport. He plays with moxie, and he’s better for it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
But as someone who is not Wall, I can say this statement is ridiculous.
Chris Paul is clearly the best point guard in the NBA. Stephen Curry and Tony Parker are also better than Wall. When healthy, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are better than Wall, too.Wall is a tier below with Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo and Damian Lillard.First, Wall must escape that group before challenging the second tier. Paul’s No. 1 spot isn’t even within striking distance.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5