Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
John Wall has played pretty well lately.
In his last three games, he’s averaging 33.0 points on 61.4 percent shooting, 6.0 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 steals per contest. The Wizards are 2-1 in that span.
It’s a fantastic three-game stretch, but let’s not get carried away.
Aw, shoot, let’s get carried away.
It’s OK for Wall to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
It’s not OK for you to believe he is the best point guard in the NBA.
Wall has certainly used his confidence to reach the highest level of the sport. He plays with moxie, and he’s better for it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
But as someone who is not Wall, I can say this statement is ridiculous.
Chris Paul is clearly the best point guard in the NBA. Stephen Curry and Tony Parker are also better than Wall. When healthy, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are better than Wall, too.Wall is a tier below with Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo and Damian Lillard.First, Wall must escape that group before challenging the second tier. Paul’s No. 1 spot isn’t even within striking distance.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39