Nov 26, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki, welcome to the club.
That’s the club of star players who have gotten a warning from the league about flopping. Nowitzki earned his in the third quarter of the Mavericks’ loss to Denver Monday night, when Darrell Arthur closed out and contested the jumper and Nowitzki fell like he was reenacting the Kennedy assassination in honor of the 50th anniversary.
The first time a player is called out by the league he gets a warning (as Nowitzki did), then the fines start in $5,000 increments. Which is going to really slow down Nowitzki, who is making $22 million this season.
The flopping club is a popular one, other name players with warnings this season are Kevin Love, John Wall and Chris Paul — plus James Harden has topped them all with a warning and a second offense earning him a $5,000. Other players hit with warnings have been Iman Shupert, Corey Brewer, Patty Mills, Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao and Jared Sullinger.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27