Nov 26, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki, welcome to the club.
That’s the club of star players who have gotten a warning from the league about flopping. Nowitzki earned his in the third quarter of the Mavericks’ loss to Denver Monday night, when Darrell Arthur closed out and contested the jumper and Nowitzki fell like he was reenacting the Kennedy assassination in honor of the 50th anniversary.
The first time a player is called out by the league he gets a warning (as Nowitzki did), then the fines start in $5,000 increments. Which is going to really slow down Nowitzki, who is making $22 million this season.
The flopping club is a popular one, other name players with warnings this season are Kevin Love, John Wall and Chris Paul — plus James Harden has topped them all with a warning and a second offense earning him a $5,000. Other players hit with warnings have been Iman Shupert, Corey Brewer, Patty Mills, Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao and Jared Sullinger.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 29
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 61
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 32
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 75