Nov 26, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
Dirk Nowitzki, welcome to the club.
That’s the club of star players who have gotten a warning from the league about flopping. Nowitzki earned his in the third quarter of the Mavericks’ loss to Denver Monday night, when Darrell Arthur closed out and contested the jumper and Nowitzki fell like he was reenacting the Kennedy assassination in honor of the 50th anniversary.
The first time a player is called out by the league he gets a warning (as Nowitzki did), then the fines start in $5,000 increments. Which is going to really slow down Nowitzki, who is making $22 million this season.
The flopping club is a popular one, other name players with warnings this season are Kevin Love, John Wall and Chris Paul — plus James Harden has topped them all with a warning and a second offense earning him a $5,000. Other players hit with warnings have been Iman Shupert, Corey Brewer, Patty Mills, Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao and Jared Sullinger.
Hat tip to The Point Forward for the video.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 2
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 46
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12